Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2015 Summa Cum Laude Albums - part II (top 5)

Woot! Here they are.

#5 Light Up the Dark by Gabrielle Aplin.

I admit, UK women do well with me. Even so, this album deserves to be here. And maybe higher.

Sweet Nothing


Skeleton


Fool's Love


#4 Midnight by Grace Potter

To paraphrase a review I saw recently: There are two kinds of people, those that love Grace Potter; and those that have never seen here live.

Hot to Touch


Your Girl


Empty Heart


Delirious



#3 How Big How Blue How Beautiful By Florence + The Machine

Such a privilege to have seen this act at ACL in 2015.
Delilah


How Big How Blue How Beautiful St. Jude


Third Eye



#2 Kicker by Zella Day

This 20 year old from Arizona has blown me away. Love, love this album!

Sweet Ophelia


Jameson


Mustang Kids


1965



#1 Into The Wild Life by Halestorm

I loved this album from the word go, and every time I listened to it, it got better. and better. and better. I love Lzzy Hale

Amen


I am the Fire


Sick Individual


What Sober Couldn't Say


I Like it Heavy


Note: You may think I skipped some of the best songs on many of these albums. I did that on purpose. First, so I could put them in my top song without repeating songs. And second, because a great album isn't carried by just one or two hits.
So stay tuned! There is lot's of really great music to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment