Wednesday, February 3, 2016

2015 Cum Laude Albums - Part I

Top 25 to come. But these are pretty damn good! Bad Bad Bad Hats is a wonderful band from Minnesota. They released Psychic Reader this year.
Shame


Midway
Things We Never Say


Brandi Carlile is one my all time favorites. She is especially wonderful live. This year she gave us The Firewatcher's Daughter

Things I Regret

Wherever is Your Heart


The Eye


Chvrches is one of those bands that just grows and grows on you. Right now, I love this band from Scotland. In 2015 they gave us Every Open Eye

Clearest Blue

Afterglow


Dead Sarah is hard rocking band from California. They released Pleasure to Meet You which I think is their second album.

Mona Lisa


Something Good


The Gentle Storm is from the Netherlands. They put out this great concept album The Diary with two CDs. CD1 is the "Gentle" version is acoustic while CD2 "Storm", is the metal version of the same tracks. Here are both versions of Endless Sea

Gentle

"Storm"


And here is Heart of Amsterdam , the official video


Holy Child is a cool duo out of Los Angeles. The Album is called The Shape of Brat Pop to Come.

Running Behind

Money All Around


Juliet Simms first came to my attention a while back as the lead singer for Automatic Loveletter. She was later runner-up on The Voice (not a show I watch). In 2015, she released a solo EP titled All Or Nothing

End of the World

All Or Nothing


Ms Mr is a great duo from New York that I had the pleasure to see at 7th Street entry a couple of years ago. Love these guys. In 2015, they released How Does It Feel?. I was not disappointed.
Tripolar


How Does it Feel?


All Things Lost


Marina and the Diamonds is a very fun singer from the UK. Froot was her 2015 effort.
Froot

Happy


Meg Mac is talented 25 year old form Down Under. Her EP Meg Mac is a very impressive debut.

Every Lie


Grandma's Hands


I was a fan of LA's Meg Myers' Daughter in the Choir back in 2012. In 2015, she released Sorry

Lemon Eyes


Make a Shadow


The Mynabirds is a very nice band originally from Nebraska, but currently based in LA. Interestingly, when I saw them recently at 7th Street Entry, Bad Bad Hats was one of the warm up acts. Their album is called Lovers Know
All My Heart


Semantics


Velveteen OK, this is not the album version, but so what?


Hanged Man

No comments:

Post a Comment