Thursday, February 4, 2016

2015 Cum Laude Albums - Part II

Natalie Prass is a Singer-Songwriter from Virginia. In 2015 she released her first full album, Natalie Prass

My Baby Don't Understand Me


Your Fool


Purity Ring is a duo from Edmonton. 2015 brought us another eternity

Begin Again


Sea Castle


Rachel Sage is an old favorite from NY. She has released many albums over the years and most recently gave us Blue Roses

Happiness


Blue Roses


REMMI is another Nashville band on my list. New America is the album.

Awake Asleep


Star Spangled


Ruelle is a project of Nashville bases singer-songwriter Maggie Eckford. Up In Flames is a really good album that very nearly made my top 25 list.

Up in Flames


War of Hearts


Ryn Weaver is a 23 year old Singer-Songwriter from California. Her first full album is titled The Fool

The Fool


Free


Sanna Nielsen may be relatively unknown in the US, but she is very well known in Sweden. 7 is the first album of hers that caught my attention.

Skydivin


You First Loved Me

Probably no better measure of how much adore my top 25 albums (Magna Cum Laude) that Sara Bareilles' What's Inside: Songs from Waitress did not make the list. I love this album.
Bad Idea



You Matter to Me



Everything Changes


Opening Up


Sirenia hails from Stavanger, Norway. (A city I will be visiting this Summer FWIW). Seventh Life Path is their latest offering. And it's a good one.

Once My Light
Serpent


Earendel


Insania


Ume is a recent discovery of mine hailing from Austin TX. Great band! Here are a few from Monuments

Black Stone


Chase it Down


Barophobia


Reason


Xandria is a great symphonic metal band from Germany. This year they put out Fire and Ashes
Unembraced


In Remembrance


I'd Do Anything for Love(but I won't do that)



ZZ Ward is from Portland OR. An amazing talent I had the pleasure of seeing live a couple of years back. Her 2015 EP Love and War easily makes this list.

Love 3x


Lonely


That's the Cum Laude albums (not rank ordered I should say, though you might have guessed that). I am truly enjoying putting together. Hope you are enjoying this too (to some extent). And yes, I prefer female vocalists. Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment