Tuesday, January 30, 2018

2017 Summa Cum Laude Albums, Part II (top 10)

Here they are:

10. London Grammar Truth is a Beautiful Thing

UK female artists - it's a weak spot. Saw her live at the Varsity a few years back. Amazing singer.







9. The Reputations Begging For More

Another band from Austin? Yep, and they deserve to be here.







8. Mammút Kinder Versions

Love this band from Iceland. Do they remind me of Björk? Of course they do!







7. Imelda May Life.Love.Flesh.Blood

Followed this wonderful singer from Ireland for a while. She has evolved and this might be her best album yet.







6. Little Coyote The Trouble With Teeth

Fantastic singer out of Toronto, recently stumbled onto her. I like this more every time I listen to it.








And Now....

5. Findlay Forgotten Pleasures

Big shock that I went with another female from the UK here, but, this album totally rates.



Sorry that this one is a little NSFW, but it's a great song.




4. Beth Ditto Fake Sugar

The third act from Arkansas to make my list this year. This album is just, well, spectacular.







3. Dia Frampton Bruises

Two years ago, her project ARCHIS came in at #11 on my album list. This album is even better. From Utah.







2. P!nk Beautiful Trauma

I don't think I need to say anything here.







Drum roll .......



1. Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton Choir of the Mind

This album hits deeper and deeper every time I listen to it. I have long loved Metric. But Emily Haines had taken it to another level with this effort.







I recommend watching the entire CBC Music Youtube series on this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment