Sunday, January 28, 2018

2017 Summa Cum Laude Albums, Part I

Down to my top 25 Albums of the year. Here is 25-11,


25. Alexandria Savior Belladonna Of Sadness

Another fine young artist form Portland. I must visit there someday.







24. In This Moment Ritual

I have enjoyed this band from Los Angeles for some time. The new album did not disappoint.







23. Wolf Alice Visions of a Life

Great band from London







22. Miya Folick Give It To Me

From Los Angeles.







21.Jade Bird Something American

The UK produces so many super talented young artists. Here is another one. And she is special.







20. Eisley I'm Only Dreaming

I think I am setting a record this year for Texas based bands.







19. Imagine Dragons Evolve

Bet you didn't see that coming. Hey, some of my best friends are guys.







18. Tori Amos Native Invader

What can I say about Tori Amos? The artist that more than any other triggered my love of female singers. While not bad, her "latter" career albums typically have not made my lists (though I own them all and enjoy them). This one stands out. It easily makes my Summa list.







17. Kohli Calhoun Take Me Away

From Brooklyn. I just found about about her.







16. Jessica Hernandez and the Deltas Telephone

This is a very special band and a very special singer. Love this band. See them live if you ever have the chance!! From Detroit.







15. Jillette Johnson All I Ever See In You Is Me

Was waiting for this super talented New Yorker to give us more music. I am happy now. I Don't understand why she isn't better known. So good.







14. Evanescence Synthesis

This is a really unique album. Orchestral reworks of their older stuff plus a few new songs. It's REALLY good.







13. Dessie Dessie

From Down Under (Melbourne).







12. Haim Something To Tell You

It would be fair to say that I adore this sister trio from Los Angeles. And with good reason.







11. Emily Bell Kali

Another great artist from Austin Texas. This is the good stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment