Friday, January 19, 2018

2017 Magna Cum Laude Albums Part I

Here they are, not rank ordered.


Cherry Glazerr  Aplocalipstick

From Los Angeles (Surprise!)







 Chloe Foy  Are We There Yet?

Female singer from the UK,  my weak point.











Ghost Wolves    Tesa$ Platinum

Another great band from Austin.









Joseph  Staying Awake

I can never say enough good things about this trio of sisters from Portland.







Sive  The Roaring Girl

Only recently discovered this wonderful singer from Dublin.

 








Slowkiss  Ultraviolet

From Chile.  A bit of a contrast from Sive.









Sumie  Lost in Light

Another recently discovered (by me anyway) singer.  This one is from Sweden.








Vonnie Kyle  Cold and Bitter Girl

Currently based in Santa Fe, but originally from Minneapolis (where she caught my attention).







Aimee Mann  Mental Illness

I remember way back in the day, when was the front for 'Til Tuesday.   I have a lot of her albums.

From Virginia.
 







Priests  Nothing Feels Natural

Punk band from Washington DC.








ailie  West to the Evening Sun

From Scotland.






Courage My Love  Synethesia

Great trio from Toronto.










Gracie and Rachel  Gracie and Rachel

This unusual duo previously caught my attention with the song Go.  They released their first album in 2017.  California natives based in NY.









 He is We Fall Out of Line

This duo broke up and Rachel released a solo album titled  "She is We".  It made my list last year.  They got back together and here they are.    From Tacoma, WA.








High Up  High Up

From Omaha, Nebraska.








Holy Wars  Mother

From Los Angeles.






No comments:

Post a Comment