Friday, March 4, 2022

2021 Top Albums, Cum Laude

Over 90 albums purchased this year. Here are my favorites. The Cum Laude list is not rank-ordered. Against The Current fever

A very likeable band from Poughkeepsie, New York. I saw them live in St. Paul back in 2019.









Blackbriar The Cause of Shipwreck

From the Netherlands.







Crawlers Crawlers-EP

Normally, EP's only get on my list if they are really good. Such is the case here. From Manchester, UK.







Deap Vally Marriage

This is a great Duo from Los Angeles.







Elise LeGrow Grateful

If you know me, you know I love Canada. From Toronto. Definitely some Amy Winehouse vibes.







Eliza Shaddad The Woman You Want

"A Sudanese-Scottish folk singer-songwriter based in London" Which to me just says 21st Century.







Frozen Crown Winterbane

From Milan, Italy







GIRLI Ex Talk

A London based singer I can't help but love.







Inner Stream Stain The Sea

A great band from Buenos Aires, Argentina.







Laurenne / Louhimo The Reckoning

Finland never disapoints.







LOVEBITES GLORY, GLORY, TO THE WORLD

Japanese female metal band. What is not to like?







Ships In The Night Latent Powers

From Charlottesville, Virginia.







Softcult Year Of The Rat

From Kitchener Ontario.







swim school making sense of it all

From Edinburgh, Scottland.







Tori Amos Ocean to Ocean

No one artist did more to get me into female singer-songwriters than Tori Amos. She is the Queen. Love her forever.







Torres Thirstier

Nashville based artist. Worth a listen for sure. Trust me.







Unwoman Of My Own Space and Time I Am Queen

Cellist, singer-songwriter, based in San Franscisco. Of course I like her.





No comments:

Post a Comment