Sunday, March 20, 2022

2021 Albums - Summa Cum Laude part I

So many albumns I liked this year. These are my favorites of the favorites. Rank-ordered. 24 BEGINNERS Ooey Gooey

From Los Angeles. Very enjoyable.







23 Dust In Mind Ctrl

Great band from France. I never got tired of listening to this album.







22 Amythyst Kiah Wary + Strange

Nashville based. This singer can fit multiple genres accross different songs. This album was love at first listen for me.







21 Jade Bird A Different Kind of Light

A few years ago, I was priveledged to see her live before she got really big. From the UK.







20 Lilith Czar Created from Filth and Dust

Been a fan of Juliet Simms for some time. I really this version. From LA.







19 Ad Infinitum Chapter II - Legacy

Previously lead singer of Rage of Light, Melissa Bonny now fronts this amazing band. From Switzerland.







18 Evanescence The Bitter Truth

If there was a single band that "led" me to discover bands like Nightwish and Epica, it was this one. Amy Lee is amazing. Love her.







17 Epica Omega

Speaking of Epica. This powerhouse from the Netherlands just keeps putting out great albums.







16 Marina Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Marina Diamandis is half Welsh and half Greek. But she is all wonderful.







15 Garbage No Gods No Masters

Ok, so I have loved this band since 90's. But I was caught off guard by how good this album is. It is really good.







14 Rage Of Light Redemption

From Switzerland. Martyna Halas's vocals are awesome.







13 The Warning MAYDAY

A sister trio (it seems I have one every year) from Monterrey, Mexico. This would be higher, but it's basically an EP.







12 Emily Wolfe Outlier

Based out of Austin, TX. Just a wonderful singer-songwriter.







11 MONOWHALES Daytona Bleach

From Toronto. And you know what? They channel Metric on some songs. But their sound is their own. Lot's of earworm songs on this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment