Sunday, March 6, 2022

2021 Albums - Magna Cum Laude

Like Cum Laude, this list is not rank-ordered. Anette Olzon Strong

She was the second lead singer of Nighwish before have a rather acrimonious fallout with them in 2012. Her career continued of course and I really enjoyed this Solo effort. From Sweden.









Anna Smyrk The Hour Between Us

Pretty much there is always an Australian singer on my list. This year is no exception. I really like this one.







Billie Eilish Happier Than Ever

What can I say? She's got talent. From Los Angeles for completeness.







CHVRCHES Screen Violence

Hugely popular Scottish band. And with good reason.







Dead Sara Ain't It Tragic

This Calfornia band bas been around a while now. I liked them over a decade ago, and I like their maturation. This is a very good album.







Diamante American Dream

Hard for me to believe this artist isn't more popular. From Irvine California.







Enemy Inside Seven

There are several great gothic rock bands who released excellent ablums this year. This one is from Germany.







Ghostly Kisses Alone Together

I am heavily biased against putting EPs on my list, but I do when I really like it. Even more rate I will put it on my Magna list. Draw your own conclusions. From Quebec.







Icon For Hire Amorphous

From Decatur Illinois. This band in underrated.







Joy Crookes Skin

Accordin to Wikipedia, "Joy Elizabeth Akther Crookes was born in the Lambeth district of South London on 9 October 1998 to a Bangladeshi mother from Dhaka and an Irish father from Dublin." Welcome to the modern world. Try to not to like her. That voice.



KOBURG Stripped

This London based singer is the kind of act I would only find through Bandcamp. She released another album in January 2022 that will make my 2022 list too.





Lealani & SnakeFoot Lealani SnakeFoot

Los Angeles based. Quite possibly influenced by Bjork. JK, obviously influenced by Bjork. Love it.







Sirenia Riddles, Ruins & Revelations

This Norwegian Gothic Metal band has been around a while. Still going strong.







Skarlett Riot Invicta

This is a great rock band from Scunthorpe, UK. Yeah, look that up.







Sumo Cyco Initiation

Toronot based. I really love this band.







The Anchoress

From Wales, I only recently discoverd this artist. Something special. Clear Tori Amos influence here.







Therion Leviathan

This Swedish Metal band had been around for over 20 years. This album is excellent.







Willows The Hills

From Montreal. A mere five song EP. On the list here because it's damn good.







Yola Stand For Myself

From Bristol, UK.





No comments:

Post a Comment