Wednesday, March 6, 2024

2022/23 Albums. Summa Cum Laude part II: Top 10

It was hard to rank these - but the upside was I had to keep listening to some of these over and over again. Some really, really, good stuff here. 10. Alice Mertons S.I.D.E.S

Born in Germany of Canadian and Irish descent. Based in the UK. Let's just call her awesome. How is she 30 already?













9. Birdy Portraits

A British Singer/Song-Writer who, while having been around for a long time, is still really young. I have been a fan for a long time.













8. Beyond The Black Beyond The Black

There are a lot of metal bands on my list. This album differentiated itself enough to make my list at #8 overall. Truly elite. From Germany.













7. Saint Agnes BLOODSUCKERS

A UK band. They are a bit edgy. Fine with me. I am so hooked on this band. Like, really hooked.













6. P!nk TRUSTFALL

This is not ranked here because I love P!NK (I do); It'e here because it is a very good album.













5. Olivia Rodrigo GUTS

From Southern California. I have nothing bad to say about his album - and lots of good things.













4. Holy Wars Eat It up Spit It Out

Another Los Angeles band. I never fail to rock out when listening to this album.













3. Xandria The Wonders Still Awaiting

A German based symphonic metal band. When their lead singer Dianne van Giersbergen left, I was not sure what we would get. But this album rates as the best symphonic metal band on my entire list. That says something.













2. Nina Nesbitt Älskar

I have been a fan of this Scottish Singer/Song-Writer for over a decade. I have to say, her song writing has matured into something more than pleasant - it's exquisite to me.













Bonus





1. Halestorm Back From the Dead

This is, in my opinion, the best live act going anywhere right now. And this is easily my favorite album for 2022-2023. From Pennsylvania.













No comments:

Post a Comment