Tuesday, March 5, 2024

2022/23 Albums -Summa Cum Laude Part I: 20-11

These are the best of the best. I really enjoyed putting this together.

20. Maggie Rogers Surrender

Singer/Song-Writer from Maryland.













19. Metric Formentera II

I can't even say how much I love this band. I have seen them live more than any other band - and there is a reason for that. They did two albums over the relevant span here. Did I mention that I love Toronto?













18. Metric Formentera I

Enough said.













17. Within Temptation Ritual

From the Netherlands. This symphonic metal band is one of the all time greats of the genre. This album demonstrates that they are as awesome as ever.













16. Icon For Hire The Reckoning

This band hits home with me emotionally. Chicago based.













15. Charlotte Wessels Tales from Six Feet Under Vol. II

Former lead singer from Dutch band Delain. Her solo career had been great. Love her.













14. Maisie Peters The Good Witch

A very recent find for me. I really enjoyed this album. Singer/Songer-Writer from the UK.













13. Tessa Violet My God!

Born in Chicago. New York based. A great singer/songer-writer.













12. Yonaka Welcome To My House

From Brighton, UK. This band has made me crazy about them. The only reason this is not top 10 is that it's not really an album (it's an EP). Don't care. So fucking good.













11. Edge of Paradise Hologram

This hard rocking band from LA is another recent discovery for me. Needless to say, I bought all their albums. Every time I listened to this album, I rated it higher. This is a really good band.



















No comments:

Post a Comment