Tuesday, February 16, 2021

2020 Cum Laude Albums part I

This is quite a bit late this year. For several reasons but I will just list two. 

First, due to COVID, I purchased a silly amount of albums this year. So, a lot of work to sort through and pick favorites.

Second, in late August, we addedd a puppy to the family. Well, she doesn't like me putting headphones on and *not* paying attention to her. Hence, I just don't have as much time to listen and decide what I prefer.

Anyway, here is goes:

Cum Laude These are not rank-ordered.  

 

Agnes Obel Myopia 

This Danish singer is instantly recognizable with a few notes. Mesmerizing.  

 

 







ALI.NI Acca

A reviewer compared her to Judy Garland. Yep, listen to the third one.







Braids Shadow Offering

From Calgary. This band really grew on me.



Sorry about age restricted. If you are 18, click :)





Draconian Under a Godless Veil

A Swedish band, they've been around a while.







Fallcie Bad Blood

Another Goth band. This one from St. Peterburg, Russia.







False Heads It's All There but You're Dreaming

From London. Who says all my acts are female fronted?







Hayley Williams Petals for Armor

I first became of aware of Paramore when the warmed up for No Doubt in 2009. I remember thinking, where did they find this crazy energenic singer? LA of course.







Kalina & Kiana The Golden Age This Sister Act from California provides us with this EP. It would put it up higher, but it's only an EP.







Mammút Ride thee Fire

There is always a band from Iceland. So it seems.







Reasons Behind Project M.I.S.T

A symphonic metal band from Italy







Rose Cousins Bravado A folk singer from Prince Edward Island. A first I think. Last year, I had one from Novia Scotia.







More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment