Sunday, February 10, 2019

2018 albums, Magna Cum Laude

A reminder, these are NOT rank-ordered.

Abisha Uhl Better

This Minneapolis singer is part of the Band Sick of Sarah. This Solo EP really caught my attention.







Amy Shark Love Monster

From Down Under







Amy Stroup Helen of Memphis

I discovered this Nashville based singer in 2013. I think this album is fantastic!







Caitlyn Smith Starfire

Based in Nashville, I but just have to point out that she's really from Cannon Falls, MN.





I had to include this song, since there is shout out to the Turf Club Bar. Woot!



Campdogzz In Rounds

This Chicago based band has an awesome sound.







Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos

Based in New York. Originally from Seattle.







Christina Rosenvinge Un Hombre Rubio

From Madrid, Spain.







Dear Rouge Phases

So many good things come from Canada. In this case, Vancouver.







Jess Glynne Always In Between

This singer from London has really grown on me.







Jessica Says Downers

This singer from Melbourne, Australia gives us a nice EP.







Katie Herzig Moment of Bliss

I can't say enough good things about this amazing singer, song-writer, and producer. People don't know how influential she is. Based in Nashville (of course).







Lung All the King's Horses

Yet another band from Melbourne, Australia. What's up with that?







My Indigo My Indigo

Sharon den Adel is the lead singer for the iconic Symphonic Metal Band Within Temptation. This album is her solo project.







Now Now Saved

A great duo from Minneapolis.









Rachel Rose Mitchell Glow in the Dark

I only just this year discovered this singer from Melbourne, Australia (what is it with Melbourne this year? I may have to visit, eh?). This EP is only three songs, but it makes my list, because I love it so much.







She Makes War Brace for Impact

From London.







U.S. Girls In A Poem Unlimited

A project of American and Canadian resident Meghan Remy. It began in 2007, but had flown under my radar until the this 2018 album.







Wild Moccasins Look Together

Another great band from Houston, TX.







No comments:

Post a Comment