Sunday, January 12, 2020

2019 Cum Laude Albums part I

As usual, I spent a lot of money on music this year.  I may have to moderate a bit as I move to a professor's salary.  But for now, here is my list for 2019.

These are my 61 favorite albums that I purchased in 2019 and were released in 2019.  There are many more, but I wanted to keep the list "manageable". 

The Cum Laude list is not rank-ordered.



*repeat repeat. Glazed

This duo hails from Nashville. This the the second time they have made my list.





A Giant Dog. Neon Bible

A great band from Austin Texas.

.

.

Amyl and the Sniffers. Amyl and the Sniffers

From Australia. I smile every time I listen to them.

.
.
.

Baby FuzZ. Plastic Paradise.

According to their web page, they are from nowhere.


.
.
.
Bryde. On the Subject Of Breathing.

I have followed this singer from the UK for a bit. She is quite special.

.

.

Charlie Faye The Whole Shebang.

Another Austin artist.

.



Cherry Glazerr Stuffed & Ready

From LA. Not new to my list.

.



Gurr She Says.

This Duo from Germany keeps growing on me.

.



Hembree. House on Fire

A really nice band from Kansas City.




.
Jackie Venson. Joy.

So much great stuff from Austin. Saw her live at 7th Street Entry this year - it was a privilege. The videos do not do justice to her guitar playing which is over the top good.



No comments:

Post a Comment