Sunday, February 9, 2020

2019 Summa Cum Laude Albums Part I

There are rank-ordered.

22. Jenny Lewis On The Line.

From Las Vegas, Jenny Lewis has done many things and putting out albums is prominent among them. In 2019, she gave us this gem.

.





21. Sleater-Kinney. The Center Won't Hold.

Great band from Olympia, Washington. They have producing great music since 1994. This is no exception.



.





20. Hillsburn. The Wilder Beyond.

From Novia Scotia, I really enjoy this band.







19. Ayla Nereo By the Light of the Dark Moon.

This San Fransisco based folk singer captivated me with this album.







18. The Yawpers. Human Question

Hailing from Denver.







17. Southern Avenue Keep On

From Memphis, TN. These guys are really good.







16. Ex Libris. Ann (A progressive Metal Trilogy).

This Dutch symphonic metal band is led by their founder, Dianne van Giersbergen. I could listen to her voice for hours.







15. Taylor Swift Lover

Yes, you read that correctly. I like this album a lot.







14. Lissie When I am Alone - The Piano Retrospective

Lissie is one of my favorite singers period. I had the privilege of seeing her live twice in 2019. This is not a typical album,it is her performing many of her existing songs acoustically on piano.







13. Within Temptation Resist.

This Dutch Symphonic Metal band is one of the definitive bands of the genre. And they are still making great music.







12. Nina Nesbitt The Sun Will Come Up, The Seasons Will Change

I have followed this young Scottish singer for some time. This album delivers many outstanding momnets.









11. Amanda Palmer There Will Be No Intermission.

What words can decribe her? Iconic? Goddess? Perhaps words fail. But I love this album.





No comments:

Post a Comment