Thursday, February 2, 2017

2016 - Cum Laude Albums

OK ,  I am so sorry to be so late.  Be here we go.   Anyway, as always, these are what I like.  I make to assertions what matters to anyone but me.  But I share because some like my music preferences.

And yes, it almost entirely female singers and female fronted bands. No apology for that.

Magna Cum Laude and Summa Cum Laude will come soon. The Cum Laude list is not rank-ordered.

Ash Koley - Elements

Love this Toronto act.



 

Colbie Caillat The Malibu Sessions
This California girl keeps putting out great stuff. Don't know why her popularity seemingly has fallen off (has it?). Don't care. She makes my list.


Daya   Sit Still, Look Pretty

From Pittsburgh, young and talented.

 


KT Tunstall   KIN 

Love this singer from the UK.  Saw her at the Cedar live a bit back; that was special.




Lera Lynn   Resistor

From Houston Texas.
 




Mother Feather Mother Feather
From New York




Nemesea Uprise
I never really get tired of bands from the Netherlands.



Rachel Platten Wildfire
From Massachusetts, most of you have heard a couple of her songs, this is a very nice album front to back.

Skarlett Riot Sentience
A damn good hard rock act from the UK.



Sonia Rao Meet them at the Door
This Indian-American singer has had music on over 35 TV shows. Based in Nashville.




Steady Holiday Under the Influence
Singer Dre Babinski is based in LA



Stitched Up Heart Never Alone
Another LA based act, but quite different from the one above. This band ROCKS!



The Coathangers Nosebleed Weekend
From Atlanta


The Droids Divide By Zero
Husband Wife duo from North Carolina



Weaves Weaves
Toronto just keeps giving me acts I love < br />

No comments:

Post a Comment